Teresa has her B.A. in Studio Arts and Bachelor of Education in Art from the University of British Columbia.
She started painting with her sisters to pass rainy days at the cottage, and then continued with art as her career and passion. She now paints and teaches out of her Union Bay studio.
Each of her paintings represents an intense investment of time, craftsmanship and vision which culminates in a one-of-a-kind original work of art. Her paintings and prints are often donated to raise money for overlooked animals.
Teresa’s paintings are available at Mark Penney Gallery in Ucluelet, B.C., through Art Sales and Rentals at the Vancouver Art Gallery, and from her home-based studio at 5673 Island Hwy. in Union Bay.
Visit her website at www.teresaknight.com
- 2009 – Winner, Honorable Mention, NAVS 20th International Art for Animals Classic.
- 2008, 2009 – Participating Artist, Local Colours, Courtenay BC
- 2008, 2009 – Originals Only, Comox BC.
- 2008 – Exhibiting Artist, Nautical Days, Comox BC.
- 2008 – Member Artist, Woodland Gardens Juried Show.
- 2008 – “Art that Barks” – group show, Heaventree Galllery, Vancouver BC.
- 2007 – “Here and There” solo exhibition at the Pearl Ellis Gallery, Comox BC
- 2007- “Animals in the Human Landscape”, with Anne Birthistle, at Heaventree Gallery, Vancouver BC.
- 2005 – Winner Best in Show, “Arts in Context: History and Sense of Place” juried exhibition, Muir Gallery, Courtenay BC.
- 2002 – Columbia Street Studio, Vancouver – solo art show “Cats in Heaven”.
- 1999 – Community Arts Council of Vancouver Group Show UnderEXPOSED Photo-based art works.
- 1996-98 – Deborah Worsfold Gallery – gallery artist.
- 1997, 1998 – A Walk Is…, Vancouver “Artists Make Home Good” group show.
- 1984 – Agnes Jamieson Gallery, Haliburton, Ontario – solo show “Portraits”.
- 1983 – Knight Gallery, Toronto, “Portraits”.
Posts tagged Teresa Knight